Monday, April 12, 2010

A new venture.....

Over the last couple of years I have taken a little more interest in just how our Island is run and who by. I think a natural progression is for our States Members to be questioned a little more so we the public can get to know them a little more and decide if they are really who we want to be representing our best interests.


I thought I would begin on the topic of the P145/2009 proposition, and sent the below email to our publicly elected members. I will post the responses that I have and I still have hope for a few more replies. There have been two replies that have really lacked in personality, all will become clear soon!


I would also like to thank all those who have replied so far.


Dear Sir/ Madame


P145/2009 was a proposition brought to the States to ask for a committee of enquiry into the management of Health and Social Services on the island.

The politicians who raised this proposition did so directly as a result of their concern at the way the system was failing vulnerable children.

As the politicians who voted on this proposition should be accountable for the reasons behind their decisions, I would like to ask you what were your reasons for voting for or against this proposition, or if absent or abstained, the reason why.

I would be grateful if you could spend a few minutes of your time to reply.


Yours Faithfully,
Mrs L Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment